Do women like short men? What science and social media says.
It’s no secret that our society is obsessed with height. The most popular male actors and models who get all the limelight are tall. Athletes who are regarded as the peak, male specimens tower over the rest of us. Studies have shown women in the US generally prefer taller than average men who are at least 5’9” to 6’0”.
We often view height as a sign of strength, power, and success. But what about shortness? Are we accepting of men with smaller stature? In a society where giants reign supreme, it’s time to unravel the truth: do women like short men?
Do Women Like Short Men?
The answer, of course, is that it depends on the woman. Some women prefer taller men because they feel more protected and secure when they’re with a man who is taller than them. Others find shorter men or men closer to their height more attractive due to being less intimidating. A good portion of women couldn’t care less when it comes to how tall a man is.
In recent years, there’s been a major shift in our perception of short men. Thanks in part to the likes of Tom Holland (5 ‘8 “), Daniel Radcliffe (5’5”), Kevin Hart (5’2”), and Jonah Hill (5’7”), shorter men are no longer being overlooked by Hollywood casting directors.
Women on Social Media
- I am 5’2″ and dated a guy 6’8″. It was horrible. I’m now with a 5’9″ guy and love that I can properly hug him, touch his face, etc.
- I’m on the taller side (5’8″/f), and my boyfriend is roughly an inch or 2 taller. Hugging, sex, making out is honestly easier.
- I’m 5’7 and have dated two guys shorter than me. One didn’t work out, I couldn’t handle the height difference. He was also kind of shy and I could tell he had issues with his height. I need to feel like the man can protect me and is dominant (not overly) and it’s hard to feel that way with a shorter guy.
- Back in college I dated multiple over 6 feet tall men and now I am engaged to someone that is 5’9 and I love it so much more. I am only 5’2 and anything above 6 feet feels too much of a difference.
- I’m 5’3 and curvy. I feel like a taller guy makes me look slimmer in photos. When we walk together, or cuddle, I also feel smaller.
- I am 5′3 woman. I love short men! Men 5′5″ to 5′10″. Tall men are stiff. Don’t move good. Penis size don’t go by height. And penis size don’t matter to me.
- Can only speak for myself but I like short guys who don’t mind that I’m taller. Who act confident and proud when I’m at their side. Who are willing to kiss me on tip toes rather than make me stoop down. They are a rare breed, but they’re out there.
- Tall guys are more preferred because height is considered to be a dominant character and it is preferable to have tall children. In every species, the bigger the mate the more advantages you will get.
- I am 5′9″ and my boy friend 5′6″. While I could have got myself a taller guy and all that jazz, I chose him over the rest cause of his nature.
- I am 5’6″, dating a guy the same height. I do like taller guys, if we’re talking about purely physical aspects, but personality, integrity, morals, and humor are all more important, and I haven’t ever disqualified a guy purely based on height.
While there is no absolute consensus, it’s safe to say most women do prefer tall man– not that that’s surprising. But that’s just a personal preference, not a deal breaker. Most women are content so long as the guy is at least taller than them. And there does seem to be a small group of outliers who specifically enjoy men who are shorter than them.
It’s important to remember that personal preferences can vary greatly, and height alone does not determine the success of a relationship. Many women prioritize qualities such as personality, confidence, and compatibility over physical stature. In fact, a common sentiment among women is that a man’s character and self-assuredness can overshadow any concerns about his height.
So as long as your confident and don’t let your shorter height bother you, most women won’t find it an issue either.